- This event has passed.
2018 Law and Society Prize Nominations
January 15, 2018
The Law and Society Association offers awards for scholarship in the field of law and society. The award nominations are issued in the Fall of each year, and the awards are given at the Annual Meeting. Each award is funded by individual contributions.
All prize nominations are now closed and late submissions will not be accepted. All committee members must receive books by January 9th, 2018 to be considered.
For prizes requiring that nominators be LSA members, 2017 or 2018 memberships will fulfill eligibility.
- Harry J. Kalven, Jr. Prize for Outstanding Scholarship in Law and Society
- J. Willard Hurst Prize for the Best Work in Sociolegal Legal History
- Herbert Jacob Book Prize
- John Hope Franklin Prize
- Law and Society Association Article Prize
- Law and Society Association International Prize
- Stanton Wheeler Mentorship Award
- Ronald Pipkin Service Award
- Student prizes — an undergraduate paper award, a graduate student paper award, and a dissertation award.