- This event has passed.
American University in Cairo Presidential Associates Program
February 8, 2019
About the Program:
Established in 1981 and formerly known as the Presidential Internship Program, the Presidential Associates Program (rebranded October 2018) at The American University in Cairo (AUC) provides recent university graduates who are American citizens or permanent residents the opportunity to work at the highest levels of an international university, experience life in Cairo, and learn Arabic.
Associates spend one year working at AUC. Each associate fulfills a full-time position in an AUC office or department that aligns with their professional and academic interests. Through their work, associates gain substantive skills and professional experience that will contribute to the AUC community and their own professional development. Past associates have utilized the knowledge and networks that they develop during the program to progress their careers and pursue opportunities, including in the fields of government, higher education, academia, journalism, and law.
Associates also study Arabic through AUC’s School of Continuing Education, benefit from faculty privileges such as faculty housing, dining and library access, and enjoy AUC-sponsored trips to discover the culture and history of Cairo, Egypt, and the Middle East.
For the application for prospective associates please click here.
All reference letters should be sent to [email protected] directly from the reference provider.
The deadline for applications will be February 8, 2019 at 4:00 pm (local time in Cairo).
- Some benefits you will enjoy as a presidential associate are:
- A rent-free, fully furnished apartment in AUC faculty housing with utilities included
- Round-trip airfare (one-time payment)
- Settling-in allowance upon arrival in Cairo
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Health insurance and access to the AUC clinic
- Access to the AUC Library, sports center, and an extensive bus system
- Professional development and monthly seminars
- 60 hours of private Arabic tutoring per semester
- Funding for travel in and around Cairo and Egypt
- Organized trips around Cairo and Egypt with faculty services and the Office of Student Life
- Tuition waiver for continued graduate studies at AUC upon acceptance to a graduate degree program and meeting of necessary prerequisites
- Opportunities for service and volunteering
- Vacation and sick days in addition to official AUC holidays