- This event has passed.
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Fellowships
January 13, 2019
- Two Visiting Fellowships (October 2019 to June 2020) are available to support research in any discipline within the arts, humanities and social sciences relevant to the study of Islam or Muslim societies, without restriction to any period or region.
- Post-doctoral or equivalent level academics may apply. However, these posts are normally taken by academics with an established record in their discipline.
- These Fellowships carry a stipend of £5000. Visiting Fellows are expected to devote their time to research and writing and to participate in the Centre’s academic activities.
- The application deadline is January 13, 2019.
- See flyer here
- Applications are also invited for a Visiting Fellowship under a Scholar in Residence Programme in Islamic Finance, jointly supported by the Centre and the Securities Commission Malaysia.
- Applicants must be specialists in Islamic Finance and/or a closely related discipline, preferably with practical experience of policy-making with an international or comparative component.
- The Visiting Fellow will be expected to conduct research on a topic of contemporary relevance to the field and to participate in a range of academic activities at Oxford. The tenure of the Visiting Fellowship is for one academic year (with candidates being considered for the year commencing October 2019). A grant of £10,000 will be made to contribute to the Visiting Fellow’s living, travel and incidental research expenses.
- The application deadline is February 4, 2019.
- See brochure here