- This event has passed.
RFP [Request for Proposals] : Ruby on Rails/React Developer
March 4, 2022
SHARIAsource is a portal for Islamic law and data science tools that offers a window onto the digital world of Islamic legal studies. Its growing set of data and digital tools enable researchers to better explore and access a growing set of sources in this area, in ways meaningful to particular research inquiries and to the general landscape of Islamic and comparative law at Harvard and around the globe.
For our research activities and projects within Harvard’s SHARIAsource, we are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer with React experience. As part of the SHARIAsource team led by Professor Intisar Rabb, you will be mainly developing support for Linked Data in SEARCHStrata, our in-house catalogue and virtual library tool.
Payment will be commensurate with experience.
Each two weeks will commence with a sprint planning and conclude with a demo. Furthermore, you will directly collaborate and report to Dr. Yusuf Celik, the lead data scientist.
Applicants must provide a CV, brief statement of interest, and two references with their contact information. Candidates who have no prior knowledge of either Ruby or Rails will not be considered for this project. Please submit applications through our online application.
- 3+ years’ experience in Ruby on Rails (required)
- 3+ years’ experience in React (required)
- 3+ years’ experience in CSS/HTML (required)
- Project experience in SOLR (preferred)
- Project experience in Git (required)
- Experience in visualization frameworks such as D3 (preferred)
- Design and UX skills (preferred)
- Experience in Sidekiq (preferred)
- DevOps experience (preferred)
- Command of Arabic, Turkish, and/or Persian (preferred)
- Experience in Digital Humanities’ projects (preferred)
DEADLINE: March 4th, by midnight (EST).