Faculty & Program Assistant OpeningPosted on July 22, 2020
The Program in Islamic Law at Harvard Law School is hiring a full-time Faculty and Program Assistant to perform a wide range of complex administrative duties for Prof. Intisar Rabb and the Program in Islamic Law (PIL). The position will be conducted remotely until noted and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts when on-campus activities resume. Please see the Harvard Careers website (job code 52336BR) for all details and application instructions. Email email@example.com with any questions.
The Faculty and Program Assistant performs a wide range of complex administrative duties for Prof. Intisar Rabb and the Program in Islamic Law (PIL). The Program in Islamic Law at Harvard Law School is dedicated to promoting research and providing resources for the academic study of Islamic law; it hosts a suite of activities including a digital portal, data science projects, various publications, public events, and research support.
As a Faculty and Program Assistant you will:
- Serve as principal contact and source of information for a variety of internal & external stakeholders.
- Manage complex calendars, maintain email accounts and serve as primary meeting note taker for Program meetings.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel including air and ground transportation and accommodation for faculty and visitors to the Law School.
- Arrange meetings and events including coordination of space, media, catering, outreach & materials.
- Compose and/or edit correspondence, recommendation letters, reports, presentations, etc. May perform library/research work and summarize findings.
- Process payments, reimbursements and other financial transactions. Assist in preparation of spreadsheets for budgets, grants, or contracts.
- Maintain Program websites and update course website, including materials, announcements, student assignments, and office hours. Arrange set up needs for class.
- Handle general office duties, including filing, purchasing supplies. May assist in overseeing work of students and temps.
3 or more years of proven office administration and coordination skills. Education beyond high school may count toward some, though not all, experience.
We are looking for people with:
- Solid working knowledge of office processes and related computer software and electronic communications tools.
- Outstanding organization and ability to prioritize
- Motivation and ability to take the initiative and own tasks, processes or projects
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Flexibility/Adaptability to work across a variety of projects and constituencies
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous experience in academia, preferred
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
This is a term appointment expected to extend through June 30, 2021, contingent on funding and department need.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Faculty & Student Services, General Administration
USA – MA – Cambridge
Program in Islamic Law
Appointment End Date
30-Jun-2021 (with possibility of renewal)
35h per week: Monday through Friday – 9am to 5pm
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.