- This event has passed.
Islamic Law and its Implementation in Asia and The Middle-East
October 6, 2017 @ 09:00 - 18:00
The conference will focus on the topic of Islamic law and the implementation of Islamic law in Asia and the Middle East.
- Islamic Law and Freedom of Religion or Belief
- Constitutionalism And Human Rights in Arab & Muslim World
- Women’s Rights and Modern Muslim Practices
- Islamic Law: International Terrorism, Radicalisation and Religious Extremism
- Finance and Succession in Islamic Law
- Sir Michael Wood, KCMG, Member of the UN International Law Commission.
- Dr Muhammed Shabir Korotana ,Brunel University
- Dr Ahmed Shaheed, Essex University, UN Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion and belief.
- Professor Surya Subedi OBE, Leeds University, former UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Cambodia.
- Professor Shaheen Saradar Ali, Warwick University, former Vice-Chair UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detentions.
- Professor Mashood A Baderin, SOAS, former UN Independent Expert on Situation of human rights in Sudan.
- Professor Robert Gleave, Exeter University Professor of Arabic Studies.
- Dr. iur. Damos Dumoli Agusman, Secretary of Directorate General Legal Affairs, Indonesia.
- Professor Umut Turksen, Coventry University