Learn about all of the upcoming Islamic law related events – from lectures and workshops to conferences and calls for papers — job and fellowships opportunities, grants, and more. This list is curated by the Program in Islamic Law. Have something to add? Email us! with your upcoming event, job, or grant opportunity!
SHARIAsource is a portal for Islamic law and data science tools that offers a window onto the digital world of Islamic legal studies. Its growing set of digitized texts and digital tools enable researchers to better explore an access a growing set of sources in this area, in ways meaningful to particular research inquiries and to the general landscape of Islamic and comparative law at Harvard and around the globe.
For our research activities and projects within Harvard’s SHARIAsource, we are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer with React experience. As part of SHARIAsource Digital Humanities team led by Dr. Yusuf Celik, you will be working on the further development of the in-house library and research tools.
- 3+ years’ experience in Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years’ experience in React
- 3+ years’ experience in CSS/HTML
- Project experience in SOLR
- Project experience in Git
- Experience in visualization frameworks such as D3 (preferred)
- Design and UX skills (preferred)
- Experience in Sidekiq (preferred)
- DevOps experience (preferred
- Command of Arabic, Turkish, and/or Persian (preferred)
- Experience in Digital Humanities’ projects (preferred)
DEADLINE: January 31st, by midnight (EST).