- This event has passed.
Sixth Conference of the School of Mamlūk Studies Registration Deadline
April 30, 2019
The Sixth Conference of the School of Mamlūk Studies will be held at Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan, on June 15-17, 2019.
The schedule is available here.
Panel discussions include:
- Mamluk Scholarship and the Transmission of Knowledge
- Versatile Approach to the Diplomatic Dialogue: Levels and Strategies of Interchange in the Mamluk Diplomacy
- Mobility of Ideas, Individuals and Goods in the Mamluk Period
- Mamluk Cairo: Urban Fabric, Building Typology, and Architectural Detail
- Intellectual Activities Across the Regions in the Mamluk Period
- Irrigation, Landscapes, and Environment: Towards a History of Mamluk Agriculture
- Mamluk Material Culture in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Mamluks and Asia: Views from the East
- Approaching Mamlūk Historiography: Narratologically, Literarily, Computationally
Final deadline for registration is April 30, 2019. Registration must be done online: https://goo.gl/forms/n0AiqSihzYNkTun03The conference registration fee is ¥7,000 for both participants and attendees. If you would like to attend the farewell dinner on Monday, June 17, the cost is ¥6,000. Those who register through the above website will receive an email invoice from PayPal in early March. The deadline for payment is April 30, 2019.